Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Assignment Record Issue

    Arthur Cantu

    Soldier was in the wrong combat unit, so an admin edited soldier to put him in the correct assignment. They then went to edit the assignment record entry to reflect the correct assignment. This causes an issue within the assignment records, so can't search for any with the soldier, or even if viewing all records if that record or any from that soldier are in the search results, breaks the results.

    Sign in to follow this  

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    I am a little confused on what happened here. You cannot edit an assignment record to fix a wrong assignment. There is a warning message that relays this when trying to edit an assignment record. You need to either file a new assignment record or edit the soldier's personnel file directly.

    Share this comment

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The edit was not to fix the assignment, rather to fix the "record" of the assignment. The soldier was "edited" to correct the combat unit they are physically assigned to.

    I've noticed now that searching for any assignment record produces an error. 

    SELECT count(*) FROM `perscom_assignment_records`  LEFT JOIN `perscom_combat_units` AS `perscom_combat_to_units` ON perscom_combat_to_units.combat_units_id=perscom_assignment_records.assignment_records_to  LEFT JOIN `perscom_combat_units_positions` ON perscom_combat_units_positions.combat_units_positions_id=perscom_assignment_records.assignment_records_position  LEFT JOIN `perscom_personnel` AS `perscom_personnel` ON perscom_personnel.personnel_id=perscom_assignment_records.assignment_records_soldier  LEFT JOIN `perscom_personnel` AS `perscom_supervisor` ON perscom_supervisor.personnel_id=perscom_assignment_records.assignment_records_supervisor  LEFT JOIN `perscom_status` ON perscom_status.status_id=perscom_assignment_records.assignment_records_status WHERE (LOWER(`personnel_lastname`) LIKE CONCAT( '%', 'cantu', '%' ) OR LOWER(`personnel_firstname`) LIKE CONCAT( '%', 'cantu', '%' ))
    IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'personnel_lastname' in where clause is ambiguous (1052)
    #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Db\Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Helpers\\T...', Array, true)
    #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Db\Select.php(440): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
    #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Db\Select.php(361): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
    #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Helpers\Table\Db.php(309): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
    #4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Helpers\Table\Table.php(485): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(Array)
    #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\applications\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\assignmentrecords.php(202): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
    #6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\applications\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\assignmentrecords.php(44): IPS\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\_assignmentrecords->_setupTable()
    #7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(96): IPS\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\_assignmentrecords->manage()
    #8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Node\Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
    #9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\applications\perscom\sources\Node\Controller.php(29): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
    #10 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\applications\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\assignmentrecords.php(33): IPS\perscom\Node\_Controller->execute()
    #11 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\perscom\modules\admin\assignmentrecords\_assignmentrecords->execute()
    #12 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\beta\admin\index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
    #13 {main}


    Share this comment

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    seems the edit soldier was coincidence. On my test site i have the same error when searching within the assignment entries. I only have one and I've not edited any soldiers. 

    Share this comment

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I found the bug and its been fixed! Also upgraded the ability of the search function in each of the records, it now returns more for each search.

    Share this comment

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

Report A Bug



EMAIL | [email protected]

LOCATION | Bend, Oregon

CONTACT US | Click Here

Latest Posts

Bug Reporting System