Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Cantu

Soldier Supervisor Selection

Would be beneficial to have a different sort method for Supervisor selection. Currently sorts by ID and with a lot of soldiers will be hard to find the specific one. Sort by last name would probably be better. (Enlistment app process, edit soldier)

Also add supervisor selection to New Assignment Record as transfers will often include a change in leadership.

I would even suggest having a way to tie it to a group. Like if you're assigned to, for example: 1st Squad, 1st Platoon, Alpha Company, it would default to that Squad Leader. Is this possible? Or would that require the code to be changed to accommodate each unit having an appointed leader in the system? Or is there a way to build this feature in? 

Similar to administrative units, how about assigning a NCOIC/OIC to that unit and then when you are assigned to that unit, your supervisor is automatically changed? I would of course also create a setting to switch between auto set supervisors and manually set supervisors.

I like the set OIC/NCOIC idea. I currently like how the New Assignment Record function pre-populates the  From Combat Unit, but is still optional to choose something else. I think that would be a nice way to handle this.  

Option to assign applied NCOIC/OIC to a specific group as well? So I might have a group just for all the NCOIC/OIC personnel that can access a specific forum.